Leek and Goats’ Cheese Quiche
- 110 g plain flour
- 50 g butter
- 25 g goats’ cheese
- pinch of salt
- 350 g leeks
- 175 g goats’ cheese
- 3 eggs
- 200 ml crème fraîche (or double cream)
- 4 spring onions
- Salt and pepper
1. Make the pastry: sift the flour and salt into a bowl, mix in the butter with fingertips, grate in the goats’ cheese, sprinkle on a tbs or so of cold water and bring the dough together with a knife. Put it in a plastic bag and put it in the fridge for half an hour.
2. Heat oven to 190ºC, fan-assisted 170ºC. Grease a 20cm quiche tin maybe add baking parchment.
3. Chop the leeks and gently fry in butter for 10-15 minutes, add a bit of salt.
4. Whisk the eggs in a jug.
5. Roll out the pastry and line the tin. I had a little left over so I made two small tarts as well.
6. Prick the pastry to let any air out when cooking, brush with a little egg and pop into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. With the leeks off the heat in a bowl, having drained any excess liquid, crumble in the goats’ cheese.
8. Add the crème fraîche to the eggs, add lots of freshly ground black pepper.
9. Add the leek and cheese mixture to the pastry, sprinkle chopped spring onion on top.
10. Gently and slowly pour the egg mixture over the leeks.
11. Back into the oven for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top.
12. Let it rest for 10 minutes before serving.